Eight patrons are allowed in the building at one time.
When people are waiting to enter the building or use a computer there is a 30 minute time limit.
Social distancing is respected.
Although the children’s area is closed, staff will bring requested juvenile books and magazines to patrons.
Curbside services will continue on weekdays between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The library’s juvenile summer reading program begins June 15.
Please call 304-536-1171 with any questions.
We will also continue the following services:
- Mail books
- Curbside service
- E-book assistance
- Data base assistance
- Print materials emailed to library
The first library in
White Sulphur Springs was established in the summer of 1914 with the
help of a gift from Olive P. Stokes. Miss Stokes, a frequent visitor
to the Old White Hotel, donated $100 to be used to purchase
furniture and pay rent for two upstairs rooms in a building on Main
Street. In 1915, the White Sulphur Springs Company donated the
present site to be used for a library.
The first library building was erected in 1921. Seven years later a community house was added to the facility. During World War II, the U.S.O added a back room to the building. In 1976, the local organization became a state-affiliated library under the auspices of the West Virginia Library Commission and adopted its new name -- White Sulphur Springs Public Library.
As the years went by and the library continued to grow, the original building became inadequate. In 1987, a new building was built on the same site. This 5,000 square foot facility is still in use today.